I’m Louise and I’m a qualified and experienced Clinical Hypnotherapist, Mind Coach and PLR Therapist.
I established Vale Therapy, my therapy practice, in 2010 and am qualified to work with adults, teens and children. As well as one to one therapy sessions, I also lead workshops, classes and talks plus mindfulness/relaxation classes.
With life comes challenges and sometimes set backs, which is where therapy and coaching can help you get back on track. I use a wide range of mind coaching, hypnotherapy, NLP and PLR strategies, therapies and coaching techniques, which can be used to help you get to where you’d like to be.
I really enjoy working with clients to help them develop themselves and make the changes they’d like. Seeing a person move away from the difficult areas in their life, in the past and present, to developing new habits and beliefs is a real pleasure!
It’s all about your empowerment and what you’d like to change. Have a look around the website and if there’s something you’d like to know, please contact me – after which, you can then decide what you’d like to do next.
firstname.lastname@example.org 07960 839122
- Childhood issues
- Compulsions and obsessions
- Confidence and self esteem
- Dieting / weight management
- Emotional wellbeing
- Exams and tests
- Habits (changing)
- Nerves and nervousness
- Past Life Regression
- Panic attacks
- Phobias and fears
- Sports Mind Coaching
- Stress, anxiety, panic and worry
- Stuttering and stammering
- Toxic people
- Weight and eating habits
I take a holistic approach towards therapy with my clients and offer a friendly and informal setting in which to discuss your area of interest & what is important to you. I offer a free initial (telephone) consultation so we can chat about your issue/area of interest, then you can decide on your next step.
We work together at your pace. You are given space and time to develop and change what you want. You make your own decisions/choices about what is best for you – you know you best! You are always treated as the unique person you are, the sessions and therapy are designed for you and your choices. You can ask me anything you’d like and I’ll always do my best to answer. I don’t tell you what decisions or choices to make.
And most importantly … you are ALWAYS in control of what you say and do!
During your sessions…
You are always in control (please refer to the Chicken Question) below).
You will always know exactly what you’re doing/saying during and after your sessions.
Only you can make the changes you want – I can’t make you!
No one has any “power” over you.
We work with your choices/needs/desires.
You tell me what you’d like to work on.
WHAT HYPNOTHERAPY IS … AND ISN’T
So, why am I bringing up chickens at this point?
Well, when I’m doing talks and chatting to clients I do get asked “Can you make me act like a chicken?”
This harks way back to old hypnotist entertainment shows (in the olden days there was Paul McKenna, chickens and hot seats and the more recent “Back in the room” show) where willing participants look like they have been “made” to act like a chicken or some such other funny/odd activity.
Be assured I can’t – what I offer is therapy.
What you see on the tv are people happy to be part of an act, they’ve put themselves forward and they’ve been chosen specifically because they’ll fully act and behave as asked. Their motivation may be being part of a show, having their five minutes of tv fame – whatever their individual motivation – it’s entertainment – that’s all!
Ok, so hopefully that’s the chicken question addressed, below is some more information of the therapies on offer, my approach and who I work with.
(If you do have further questions about what you see on tv entertainment shows, please contact me – unfortunately if you’re looking for information about chickens I’m not the right person!).
Client Sessions & Consultations
Free Initial consultation (30minutes on the telephone)
Face to face initial consultation 30 minutes £40 per person
Each session is 60 minutes in duration
Appointments are available face to face
I generally work from my practice, but other options are available
Telephone sessions are also available during the evenings, please contact me for more information
Appointments are available on some Saturday mornings
Sessions are £69 per person, per session to be paid prior to each appointment
Vale Therapy location: LE14 4HW Melton mowbray Leicestershire near Grantham, Spalding, Oakham, Stamford, Leicester, Nottingham, Bingham, Lincoln, Long Clawson,
These are offered so you can ask whatever you’d like to know about and tell me more about what you’d like to work on, improve, stop, change etc. It’s also an opportunity for me to analyse whether what’s on offer might help you and how.
You can decide if you’d like to arrange an appointment after this.
Each session is arranged and paid for prior to the date/time. We move from one session to the next, depending on your wishes and progress. I offer therapy on an individual basis, which enables us to review your progress and what is needed from one session to the next. I do not offer packages for particular areas, preferring to treat you as the individual you are, responding to your needs and wishes.
Clinical Hypnotherapy has been used by many people to work on many different areas of life and a simple explanation is that it is a therapy that uses our natural relaxed state of mind where our subconscious mind has the option to pick up and use new perspectives and ideas, changing old habits for better ones.
Our subconscious mind stores every minute piece of information about ourselves, including routines and strategies, thoughts and beliefs, it is possible to access this information using the relaxed state of mind. (During a therapy session, you will always be in control of the process and what you say/do).
Our subconscious mind is responsible for keeping us safe and generally helping us run our life; this part is very powerful. It is also in charge of our automatic responses (mind and body), such as breathing, without us having to think of how to do this, plus many other routine and natural responses.
However, it also stores all our learned responses, all the routines, habits and behaviours picked up from when we were born. The flip side to these positive activities is that it uses these strategies and beliefs automatically, so it’s very possible to keep using unhelpful strategies and belief systems. These include fears, phobias, anxieties and worry, for example.
In order to change these habits, beliefs and behaviours, for better ones and replace outmoded ones, our subconscious mind may need an upgrade, to replace one for the other, which is where clinical hypnotherapy comes into play.
It’s a bit like upgrading software on a computer, so we use the new and improved habit/behaviour. As the therapist my role is similar to a satnav, helping and guiding, but not making he ultimate decision. That is what you the client does, for instance telling satnav where you’d like to get to and satnav working out how this can be done and the various options available.
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
NLP encompasses the three most influential components involved in producing human experience: neurology, language and programming.
The neurological system facilitates how our bodies function, how we react and communicate with others. Each person’s programming determines the world we create for ourself.
NLP describes the fundamental processes between mind (neurology) and language (Linguistic) and how this affects our body and behaviour (programming).
It can be based on our post experiences, or it may be connected to some other experiences we have stored in our brain to convert it into thinking patterns and behaviours that are our experiences of life.
Our experiences and feelings affect the way we react to external situations.
For example, if you were afraid of spiders, the impulse you would get if you saw a spider (or even the thought of a possibility of seeing a spider) would be fear and anxiety, even activating the desire to get away from the impending actual or perceived danger.
In the past there would be a connecting experience which would have initially created a negative way of being in your neural network and this negative memory would be recalled to filter your current experience, making you react. (You may have copied a response for another person).
These responses can be altered via hypnotherapy and mind coaching.
Past Life Regression (PLR)
PLR is a highly specialised are and should not be attempted by anyone other than a trained PLR therapist. I am registered as a PLR therapist with the Past Life Regression Therapists Association. PLR is a technique which will take an individual back through time to their previous lives accessing normally hidden memories in the subconscious mind.
It needs a trained therapist to lead you and employs the use of hypnosis along with visualisation processes similar to those used in some forms of mediation (which are easily learned). Sometimes certain times of the year and certain events can trigger a memory, quite naturally and automatically. It can be shown via a more pronounced reaction to a place/person/event which seemingly has no or little connection to the current time. It can be a strong feeling of positiveness and connection.
It’s a fascinating area, both from a general interest point of view and a technique that can also be used therapeutically to help clients move on from old fears/beliefs or find out where there is such an attraction.
Here are some of the many areas I have worked with clients:
Why do I have such a strong desire to write?
Is there such a thing as past life and have I had one?
Why do I have nightmares about a certain airplane what feels like it’s a long way back in the past,
before I was born in this life ?
Why do I need to go back to a certain place with such a strong connection that isn’t anything like
I’ve been used to in this lifetime?
Why do I hate going on any boat?
Why d I have a strong need to go to the South West of the USA
Have I been a warrior before?
Finding connections between a certain time and breathing difficulties
Have I had a previous life with someone I don’t get on with in this life?
Have I had a life with someone I am attracted to in this life?
This is really is a different area of therapy, and one that I enjoy teaching to other hypnotherapists. It’s generally an area where there are more questions than answers, usually in a good way.
You might like to read some of Dr Brian Weiss’s books, I’d recommend you start with “Many Lives, Many Masters” by Dr Weiss, a therapist whose experiences and subsequent knowledge of past life is covered in his many books.
If you’re interested to know more, please contact me.
- Afraid – what are you afraid of (see fears and phobias)
- Anger management
- Anxiety, worry, stress
- Bad bosses & horrible work colleagues
- Beliefs from Childhood
- Blushing, confidence and public appearances
- Bullies, nasty bosses, colleagues, friends and family relationships
- Calm – be more calm, relaxed and settled – learn some new strategies
- Childhood memories
- Compulsions and habits (including OCD)
- Confidence – create more for yourself, regain old confidence
- Confidence in public situations & meeting new people
- Cope better & coping strategies
- Depression & feeling low
- Diets & weight management, better relationship with food/drink & that last stubborn bit of weight that just won’t shift.
- Driving exam and test – feeling confident and capable
- Emotional issues
- Exams – feel calm and confident in the exam and the run up to it.
- Expectations and failure
- Family relationships (includes friends and colleagues)
- Fears and phobias – Fear of bees, being a passenger, being out of control, being sick, birds, blood, buttons, eating chicken, dental treatments, dentist, doctors, dogs, driving, failure, flying, heights, large spaces, needles, noises, repeating same mistakes, small spaces, success, wasps, water … and many more fears and phobias!
- Guilt and manipulation
- Habit breaking
- Heal past relationships even though the person/people is now longer here
- IBS – clinical proven to be helped by hypnotherapy and stress management
- Indecisiveness – what’s making you do this?
- Inhibitions – what’s stopping you, work on this and then move on
- Long term medical conditions – coping with
- Look forward, not backward – stuck in the past?
- Losing weight, weight management, better relationship with food
- Nail biting – stop nail biting habit
- Pain control and pain management
- Panic and anxiety – learn some stress management tools
- Past hurt or trauma – work on, deactivate, feel better about past hurt/trauma
- Past life regression
- Performance confidence (public singing/performances)
- Phobias – deactivate and stop (doesn’t matter how old your phobia is)
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) – deactivate hurt and trauma
- Public speaking and presentations – confident public speaking
- Reactions – learn better reactions
- Relationship break up & recovering
- Relax and calm
- Relaxed – learn some relaxation techniques & get rid of old rubbish
- Self confidence
- Self esteem
- Shame and guilt
- Sleep – improve your levels and quality of sleep
- Speeches and public speaking – get more confidence and success
- Sport – confidence, belief, better performance (inc rugby, cricket, horse riding & golf)
- Stammering and stuttering – would like to speak clearly and fluently?
- Stop smoking
- STOP unwanted habits – smoking, comfort eating, biting nails.
- Stress, worry, anxiety and calmness
- Success – fear of, getting more success, decision making, perfectionist
- Trust and unhappiness
- Weddings – brides, grooms, speeches, stress
- Weight – better weight management, better relationship with food
- Work – changes, stress, bad bosses, uncertainty, decisions
- Worry – long held worries, habit of being worried, calm and relaxation
I am a fully qualified, experienced and professionally insured …
- Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Mind Coach
- Certified Hypnotherapist for children
- Certified STOP SMOKING therapist
- PLR therapist
- Hypnotherapy Supervisor
- PLR tutor.
Accreditations and Associations:
- I am registered with the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
- I am a validated Practitioner with the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council
- I am CRB registered (through Dove Hospice).
- I am a member of the Past Life Regression Therapists Association.
- I established Vale Therapy in 2010.
Below are just some of the areas I have worked with clients on.
- Change eating habits, stop eating chocolate
- Cleaning obsession – reduction in obsessional habits
- Confidence to empty bladder after an operation
- Confidence and increased self-belief at work
- Decision making confidence – whether to leave current difficult work situation
- Dyslexia and dyspraxia – increase in confidence and self-belief, realise other talents/skills
- Eye Operation – Stress management and relaxation strategies for eye operation under local anaesthetic
- Fears – including taking holidays of more than a four days and open water swimming (as a triathlete)
- Hair pulling, nail picking and biting skin around nails until very sore
- Past Life Regression (please see below)
- Phobias – spiders, chickens, being sick in public, blood tests, dentists, dental procedures especially the sounds of equipment, driving over bridges, heights.
- Pressure and stress – pressurised as a teenager to be excessively good in a particular sport by school sports master
- Reduce smoking / stop smoking
- Remove (old) stress from previous operation (fear of what might have happened, but didn’t)Stress management, relaxation and calmness
- Singing and performance confidence
- Sports Mind Coaching (tennis, rugby, golf, triathlon, horse riding including dressage)
- Stressful relationships, narcissistic and toxic behaviours from parents/siblings (please see below)
- Trauma after being sexually abused as a teenager
- Trauma of memories – of sibling’s death
Stressful and difficult relationships:
- Effects of living with a narcissistic, difficult, controlling parent
- Effects of a parent who only criticised and made defamatory remarks
- Excessive worrying as an adult – troubled relationship between parents made child worry excessively
- Perfectionism – stemming from parents’ unattainable and changing requirements
- Client was repeatedly told everything was their fault as a child
- Never feeling good enough – belief system from narcissistic parent
- Always felt not good enough in family – belief system from certain family members
- Bullying at primary school (which was not taken seriously by teacher or parents)
- Dealing with and managing relationship with a difficult partner including boundary setting
- Dealing with difficult parent (after parents’ divorce)
- Dealing with parties (need to leave and better exit strategies)
- Putting the past in the right chronological order – to stop being influenced by past events
- Building and creating boundaries for difficult people at home, work, school and social environments.
PAST LIFE REGRESSION:
- Why do I have a strong desire to write?
- Why do I like London so much and is there a connection with a past life
- Why do I hate going on any boat?
- Why do I have a strong need to be in the South West of USA?
- Have I been a warrior before, why do I have a strong need to defend?
- Finding connections between having poor breathing in summer and the past
- Have I had a previous life with someone I don’t get on with in this life
- Have I had a previous life with someone I get on well with in this life
- Having a physical discomfort that won’t go away after trying many different therapies
WORKING WITH TEENS AND CHILDREN
- Excessive panic during exams
- Confidence to return to school after panic attacks
- Increase confidence after bullying
- Increase self belief and stress management
- Increase confidence to be own self
- Increase self confidence to try new activities/new place without getting panicked
- Relaxation techniques for attending school, particularly noise and school environment
- Eating cooked school dinners instead of packed lunch (fear of being sick in public)
- Affects of being told not good enough at a subject (missed pass mark by 1%)
SPORTS MIND COACHING
- Cycling – confidence after fall in competitive race
- Cycling – over confidence and under confidence when racing
- Dressage – Confidence riding horses
- Horse riding – Confidence buying a horse
- Golf – golfing Yips
- Golf – Putting with confidence after operation on hand
- Golf – Confidence in competitions
- Golf – Being able to ignore external irritations/noises/bad etiquette
- Rugby – Confidence to play harder in games (after fully recovering from injury)
- Rugby – Taking goal kicks
- Tennis – Increase self-belief for competitions
- Triathlete – increase confidence and overcome fears of open water swimming
- Triathlete – control need to be over competitive (to point of injury)
Hypnotherapy and mind coaching techniques can be used for many different areas of life, so if your particular area of concern isn’t listed, please contact me for more information.